The application for Teachers’ Assurance Letters to Districts for the 2023–2024 academic year transfers has opened, according to the Ghana Education Service (GES). This is encouraging news for those aspiring teachers who want to get accepted into different districts in Ghana. The following information is crucial for aspiring teachers to understand:
The following paperwork is required of candidates before they will be considered for transfer:
- Application Letters
- Photocopies of all Certificates
- Confidential Reports from their Metro/Municipal/District Director
- Personal record form endorsed by Head of Human Resource Unit with a Passport picture affixed
- Clearance from Bank
An assurance letter to the Ghana Education Service is a letter that a district sends to a candidate to confirm that positions for employment or reposting are available.
How to Get GES Assurance Letter
A teacher must apply to the district in order to receive an assurance letter that will allow them to request transfers out of their current district if they want to be moved to a certain district.
Only if there is a notice for such purposes, is the letter sent to the district. The applicant is reassured by the notification from the district directorates that there is a chance he or she will receive the assurance letter, allowing them to submit transfer applications from their district.
Importance of the Assurance Letter
The assurance letter is important for the following reasons:
- Gives the assurance to the exiting district that the applicant should be allowed to go on transfers.
- Gives an assurance to the teacher to apply for transfers with the hope that he or she shall be posted to a vacant school where he or she applied for transfer.
- Gives the GES the opportunity to know the number of teachers going on transfers within a particular academic year.
- Gives the GES the opportunity to know the available vacancies and to determine the number of staff needed to fill such vacancies.
Opens room for the smooth transfer of staff of the GES.
Finally, this is a fantastic chance for instructors who want to apply for assurance into other districts in Ghana. It is advisable for prospective teachers to submit all the necessary paperwork and request an assurance letter from the district they desire to transfer to. All parties involved will have a smooth and trouble-free transfer process as a result. The GES is dedicated to making sure that the application process is open and equitable to all applicants.