About the job
Director of Catering Operations
Position Title: Director of Catering Operations
Reports to: Director of Catering and/or General Manager
Full-time : Director
Location: Fresno Chaffee Zoo, 894 W. Belmont Ave., Fresno, California, United States of America
Date Posted: Friday, July 14, 2023
SSA Group at Monterey Bay Aquarium is looking for a talented Director of Catering Operations to join our team! Director of Catering Operations
Who are we:
SSA Group works with zoos, aquariums, museums, and other cultural attractions on integrating dining, retail, admissions and more. We increase revenue opportunities for partners across the United States. With 50 years in the business, SSA has refined the basics while pioneering better ways forward. With pillars of focus like sustainability, inclusivity, and innovation, SSA is transforming the cultural attraction industry. SSA was built by families, for families, with a family’s sense of love and dedication. We don’t just rely on the best practices in our industry, we customize best practices for each partner to set the bar higher and higher, always. We do all we can to further the mission of our partners because their guests and the communities they serve, deserve it.
- BEO management and execution of event operations experience necessary, with dedicated focus to food setup, presentation, room presence, and overall event flow.
- People person that is guest service oriented.
- Leads team through active coaching and upholding standard of service as necessary to success of the operation.
- Operational oversight of full Catering Operations – inclusive of buffet, hors d’oeuvres, plated, small to large-scale events.
- Works directly with Catering Management Team, Executive Chef, and/or General Manager onsite in mapping out Catering Operations.
- Responsibly geared towards presenting a clean and welcome experience for guests through upholding sanitation requirements.
IDEA + Belonging
- Promote an inclusive & supportive approach within the Brand team, with networking continuing at all units.
- Focuses on removing barriers and empowering growth and opportunity for team members at all levels.
- Leads by example through Sustainability/Conservation efforts; displays knowledge of efforts in business application as well as giving adequate opportunity for teaching to unit staff as necessary.
- Engages with SSA/Unit in driving community effort through engagement activities and focus. On opportunities of giving back.
- Goal-oriented and flexible to meet the needs of the operation.
- Comfortable with managing an employee life-cycle, from hire to retire.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to articulate to our client, General Manager, and HQ personnel.
- Proven leadership skills with an understanding of the importance of team building/development, while fostering partnerships.
- Demonstrates financial management, merchandising, analytical, planning, and leadership skills.
- Computer knowledge and skill level for basic office functions.
- Exceptional problem solving/decision making skills combined with the ability to be organized.
- Individual who brings excitement and opportunity to engage with the team and guests.
- Demonstrates desire to help the team succeed.
- Driven by cultural attractions and the environment they support.
- Experience managing in a high-volume catering, fine-dining catering, and/or equivalent banquet events.
- Basic culinary experience preferred (but training offered); with ability to navigate multiple menu items and support food quality, presentation, and service to the standard of service per location.
- Knowledge of food safety standards, quality, and presentation.
- SERV Safe or Food Handling Certification a plus.
This is by no means an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with this job description. The Company reserves the right to revise the job description or to require that other or different tasks are performed when circumstances change. SSA Group, LLC. is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and equal opportunity through our commitment to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Compensation And Benefits
- Salary – based on range in consideration of relevant job experience and certification/education; if position is physically in Colorado or California, salary range will be posted above following EPFEW Act
- Bonus eligible based on company guidelines
- Vacation or TAFW (time away from work) Plan – we want our team to take time as they need, so don’t accrue hours but rather give you freedom to schedule within scope of the business and your needs
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance; employee premiums applicable
- Short-Term Disability and Long-Term Disability, employer sponsored; scaled-salary pay following submission and approval of leave
- Birthing Parent Plan covers up to (6-8) weeks fully paid leave, based on birthing event
- (4) Week fully paid Parental leave following birth, adoption or foster event, can be coupled with Birthing Parent Plan to extend above timeline
- 401k program, eligible for enrolment after (1) year of employment during January or June open enrolment periods, company is not matching at this time
- $75 monthly cell phone stipend
All California Residents: By submitting your job application, you agree you have reviewed the SSA Group California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) Candidate and Employee Privacy Notice (“Notice”).San Francisco Residents: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Please see the “Fair Chance Ordinance – Know Your Rights” document for more information. By submitting your job application, you agree you have reviewed the “Fair Chance Ordinance – Know Your Rights” document.