Durham University – Administrative (Public university in Durham, England)
Learning and Teaching Administrator
Faculty of Business
Grade 4: – £22,630 – £24,144 per annum (pro rata)
Open-Ended/Permanent – Part Time
Contracted Hours per Week: 21
Working Arrangements: Hybrid Working
Closing Date: 30-Jul-2023, 10:59:00 PM
Disclosure and Barring Service Requirement: Not Applicable.
The Role and the Department
The Business School seek a Learning and Teaching Administrator. This exciting role will be responsible for the provision of a professional, efficient administrative service supporting a wide range of teaching, learning and assessment activities from the point of student enrolment through to graduation.
You will be working with a passionate and friendly team, who support each other on a daily basis, the team is at the heart of the student experience. You will be required to work with colleagues across the institution to ensure the service functions effectively in meeting priorities, working in accordance with the University and Departmental policies and procedures.
We’re looking for someone who is passionate about working with students, making a difference and achieving results. You are a brilliant communicator, have good time management skills and are strong at developing relationships. You also have a real eye for detail, a focus on continuous improvement and the drive to get things done.
At Durham University we are proud of our people. A globally outstanding centre of educational excellence, a collegiate community of extraordinary people, a unique and historic setting – Durham is a university like no other.
Across the University we have a huge variety of roles and career opportunities, which together make us a large and successful community, which is a key hub of activity within our region and nationally. Whether you are at the very start, middle or end of your career, there is a role for you. We believe everyone has their own unique skills to offer.
What you need to demonstrate when you apply
To be considered for this role, here are the skills/experience we’re looking for:
1. Five GCSE’s at least Grade C or level four (or equivalent) including English Language and Mathematics or equivalent experience.
2. Experience of working in a busy office environment delivering front line administrative services or having relevant qualifications for the role.
3. Experience of managing time to meet deadlines and working under pressure without compromising on quality.
4. Accuracy, numeracy, and attention to detail.
5. A high level of discretion and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
1. Good spoken and written communication skills.
2. Good digital skills including experience in using digital devices and apps including[the internet, email, digital communication tools, Microsoft 365 applications, digital booking systems
3. Committed to continuing professional development.
4. Ability to solve problems and resolve straightforward issues yourself and as part of a team.
5. Ability to provide advice and guidance to a range of colleagues and customers.