Due to what her manager described as a “serious bacterial infection” and the fact that she is still recovering, Madonna has postponed her career-spanning Celebration tour.
The artist spent three days in an intensive care unit after becoming ill on Saturday, according to a post on Instagram by manager Guy Oseary on Wednesday. He stated that a full recovery is anticipated for the 64-year-old vocalist.
On July 15, the tour was scheduled to begin in Vancouver.
“Her health is improving, however she is still under medical care,” Oseary wrote.
Citing Oseary’s statement, Live Nation announced the cancellation of the trip.
The first leg of the Celebration tour was supposed to end on October 7 in Las Vegas, with additional dates planned in Detroit, Chicago, New York, Miami, Los Angeles, Denver, Atlanta, and Boston. Oseary promised to offer more information regarding the new dates very soon.
Madonna’s family reportedly feared the worst and worried they “may lose her.”
A Madonna relative spoke out about the seriousness of the terrifying incident that caused her to spend many days in the intensive care unit.
“For the past couple of days, no one really knew which direction this was going to turn, and her family was preparing for the worst,” the unidentified family member told the Daily Mail.
They waited to reveal the horrifying incident out of concern until Madonna was transferred from the intensive care unit to a regular ward at the undisclosed hospital in the Big Apple on Wednesday.
“Everyone believed that we may lose her and that has been the reality of the situation,” the relative said.
Just days before to her health scare, the Grammy winner seemed to be in excellent spirits.
Last week, she shared a number of behind-the-scenes images from rehearsals on Instagram with the description “The Calm Before The Storm.”
The Queen of Pop is “expected to make a full recovery,” according to Oseary, who also stated that the Queen of Pop’s health was improving. However, Oseary did not indicate when new tour dates may be announced.