Following a stay in intensive care, Madonna stated she will concentrate on her “health and getting stronger” and that she is on the road to recovery.
As she recovers at home, the 64-year-old US superstar revealed on Monday that some of her tour dates will be postponed.
In an Instagram post, Madonna said: “Thank you for your positive energy, prayers and words of healing and encouragement. I have felt your love.
“I’m on the road to recovery and incredibly grateful for all the blessings in my life.
“My first thought when I woke up in the hospital was my children. My second thought was that I did not want to disappoint anyone who bought tickets for my tour.
“I also didn’t want to let down the people who worked tirelessly with me over the last few months to create my show. I hate to disappoint anyone.
“My focus now is my health and getting stronger and I assure you, I’ll be back with you as soon as I can.
“The current plan is to reschedule the North American leg of the tour and to begin in October in Europe. I couldn’t be more grateful for your care and support. Love, M.”
Before a “serious bacterial infection” caused the singer to spend several days in the intensive care unit, her manager Guy Oseary said last month that she was scheduled to launch Madonna: The Celebration Tour in Canada on July 15.
The PA news agency received a source’s statement in June stating that Madonna was recovering at home and “feeling better.”
Before heading to Europe, her Celebration Tour was scheduled to begin in North America with stops in Detroit, Chicago, New York, Miami, and Los Angeles.
The tour, dubbed a “one-of-a-kind experience,” will also include special guests Bob the Drag Queen and Caldwell Tidicue on all dates.
On October 14, she was scheduled to start the UK leg at London’s O2 Arena.
It will be her first tour following the conclusion of her Madame X performances in 2020, but some of those performances had to be postponed due to hip and knee issues.