In a letter to the BBC, the teenager at the focus of the scandal said that nothing improper or illegal occurred with the anonymous presenter and that the accusations are “rubbish.”
Following the meeting between BBC representatives and detectives on Monday morning, police are conducting additional investigations to determine whether any crimes have been committed.
The broadcaster is allegedly accused of paying a minor tens of thousands of pounds for sexually explicit photos, but the police stated they are still evaluating the facts given at the meeting and have not yet opened an investigation.
Following allegations that he paid a young person roughly £35,000 over three years, starting at the age of 17, for obscene photos, a male member of the BBC staff has been suspended.
The presenter called the individual last week in a “panicked” manner after learning about the allegations, according to a report in The Sun on Monday.
In a letter reported by BBC News At Six, the young person said via a lawyer: “For the avoidance of doubt, nothing inappropriate or unlawful has taken place between our client and the BBC personality and the allegations reported in The Sun newspaper are ‘rubbish’.”
The business claimed that while it had been looking into a complaint since May, further allegations of a “different nature” had just been brought to its attention.
The BBC is in contact with the police, doing its own investigations, and speaking with the young person’s family.
The Metropolitan Police said in a statement: “Detectives from the Met’s Specialist Crime Command met with representatives from the BBC on the morning of July 10. The meeting took place virtually.
“They are assessing the information discussed at the meeting and further enquiries are taking place to establish whether there is evidence of a criminal offence being committed.
“There is no investigation at this time.”
Following the publication of the BBC’s annual report, director-general Tim Davie will give a scheduled briefing to the media on Tuesday.
In a note to staff on Sunday, he said: “The BBC became aware of a complaint in May; the BBC investigations team have been looking into this since it was raised and have been actively following up.
“New allegations, of a different nature, were put to us on Thursday, and, in addition to our own inquiries, we have also been in touch with external authorities, in line with our protocols.
“I can also confirm that we have suspended a member of staff.”
He added: “By law, individuals are entitled to a reasonable expectation of privacy, which is making this situation more complex. I also want to be very clear that I am wholly condemning the unsubstantiated rumours being made on the internet about some of our presenting talent.
“We are in contact with the family referenced in the media reports. I want to assure you that we are working rapidly to establish the facts and to ensure that these matters are handled fairly and with care, including by external authorities where appropriate.”
The mother of the adolescent claimed to have seen a photo of the broadcaster “sitting on a sofa in his house in his underwear” on her son’s phone.
It appeared as though he was “getting ready for my child to perform for him,” the mother claimed she was told, and it was “a picture from some kind of video call.”
The family allegedly complained to the BBC on May 19 but grew impatient because the celebrity continued to air.
As a result of the allegations, the presenter allegedly made “panicked” phone calls to the young person, asking them, “What have you done?” and advising them to persuade their mother to stop the probe, according to a report in the newspaper on Monday.
Several BBC celebrities, including Gary Lineker, Rylan Clark, Jeremy Vine, and Nicky Campbell, have made it known that they are not the alleged presenter.
In conjunction with the tale, Campbell claimed to have contacted police after being mistakenly named online.
He tweeted a screenshot which featured the Metropolitan Police logo and the words: “Thank you for contacting the Metropolitan Police Service to report your crime.”
“I think it’s important to take a stand. There’s just too many of these people on social media. Thanks for your support friends,” he wrote.